Friday, December 23, 2011

A Whole Lotta Stuff Crammed Into One Little Post

So I've been slacking on posting all the dreams lately.  I've been getting up super early this week, so it seems like all the crisp detail I'd had is gone by the time I could post.  So, here's a bunch of snippets~

I worked at a wardrobe coordinator for Kanye West.  Everyone that worked for him hated him, but we tolerated him.  Later in the same dream, I met Lady Gaga, but it was not even a big deal.  We waved at each other and kept walking.


I don't know if I like or dislike Kanye cause I've never listened to his music / the only thing I know about him is that he got up on stage while Taylor Swift was getting some sort of award or something.  As for Lady Gaga, I think if I saw her in real life I think I'd just stare blankly at her with a dumb look on my face.  (in a good way!)

That guy from Iron Man 2, Whiplash (picture below) was attacking my work place.  Through fear and whatever else, I managed to dial 9-1-1 and the police arrived and were magically able to take him down despite the hell he gave Iron Man.  hahaha.


image source : wikipedia

I'm lame.  I saw Iron Man 2 but not the first one.  But this guy and his crazy bird were hella scary, yo.

I walked into what was like an abandoned mall with a bunch of guys sitting around on the benches in front of all the closed shops.  They asked me to strip, so I did.

Impromptu stripping?  YaIcandothat.  Weird, but in dreams, everything makes sense.

I had a little duck that I loved and called my own.  I took the duck to the pond to let it play with other ducks. I thought that the bond I shared with this duck was special, so that if I called it back to me, it would come.

It didn't.

I can think of several people the duck could have represented... and how I've been shaped into having separation anxiety by people that I thought would still come back to me even after shit boyfriends.

....okay, there's four people this could be.  Only one of whom I still talk to, because she grew a pair and proved that I had misjudged her / she still wanted to be close to me.  Applause for you, lady.

For the rest... keep on perpetuating a stereotype.  G'won, git.
/soap box




Aaaand now we're caught up.  I've forgotten everything else.  Now, on to last night's epic-ass nightmares.

I do not know how, but mine and Jerry's cat, OHAI, died.  We often remind ourselves in real life, 'Man, we love this cat so much.  It's going to be horrible when she dies.'

I thought that to myself the entire dream, as I did an Inception-like montage of waking up without her crying, sobbing to Jerry.

So cute.

OHAI is not our only cat, but she is a perfect cat.  (We have another, but she is a fiesty little kitten that leaves us with scratches, haha.)  OHAI cuddles us to sleep, has a loud purr, licks our fingers like a puppy would, never scratches or destroys anything.  Best of all, after she got fixed, she started plumping up, so now when she offers her belly for scratchins, she's an adorable little ball of fluff with limbs sticking out.

I do worry about losing her, because there is not a single thing I dislike about this cat.  I love her.

Luckily, she's only about two now, so we (hopefully) have a long and happy life left with this wonderful girl.

I was trapped in a house, late at night, alone.  It's dark, my parent's won't be home until the morning, and my paranoia kicks in.

First, it's little flashes of white along the walls.  Then, it's a white face raking over the ceiling.

I bury myself in the covers, willing it away.  But then, the sounds start.  Howling, shaking, rattling.

Just as I'm about to lose it... the front door snaps open, and in walks my first, and only, dog.  Buster.  Deceased since 2005.

His body is strong again, and I know in my heart he must be an angel.  The light he emits chases away all the shapes in the darkness.  And I rise, going to meet him.

He's everything I remember.  A black lab, with big brown eyes and a white chest.  A red collar with a rabies tag, but no name tag.  I wrap my hand under his collar and he leads me out of the door, which closes behind us.

We walk for hours along a little paved country road, until it's already morning.  No cars pass us.

There is a time skip where I do not remember what happened, but eventually, I am back with my parents and he is gone, and we are unloading the house in the daytime because they believed me when I told them it was haunted.

I can't think of this dog without crying.  He was my best friend, and actually saved my life (or at least prevented disfiguration) when I was younger.  I was walking around my neighborhood when someone's unchained bulldog rushed at me.  Buster came out of nowhere, apparently having followed me, and intercepted the bulldog and held him off until my father was able to catch up to me and grab me.

While very scary, it is one of my favorite memories, that really solidified and exemplifies my feelings for this dog.  I was 13 when he had to be put down, but I still cry whenever I think about him.  There's just some animals that never leave our hearts.


Well, that's it for me.  I know I normally put a summary at the bottom, but I was not paying attention last night.  I ate a cookie before bed and probably slept a good 12 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment