Friday, January 6, 2012

Dream Talk : Sexual Dreams

So, I had a few quick little dreams that seemed silly to report, so I thought I'd fill in today's blank with a quick thought about sexual dreams.  This post is written assuming your sexual dream was pleasant - i.e., no raping, forcing, discomfort, etc.  Not that I think all or even most sexual dreams are good ones, I just like to think about the happier ones more.  (Maybe a darker post about rape-like dreams in the future, but I'm not in that deep a mood tonight.)

I just read an article (readable here) talking about recurring sexual dreams.  It poses the notion that if you are having sexual dreams, the lover you're with might be what your subconscious has realized you are lacking.

A woman that was studied in this article talked about dreaming of sex with her neighbor, when in reality, she hated him.  He was an impromptu sort of artist with a lot of creativity, but he only worked just enough to pay bills, which she considered lazy.  The article's author suggests that these free, passionate, creative attributes is what she really desired - not the man himself.

But, I have spoken to many people about dream lovers that do not exist in reality; they are strictly fictional 'dream lovers'.  I'm sure the same basic principles apply, but a lot of whom I spoke said that they have a single, recurring dream lover they see often.

I myself may be sexually active in dream land, but it's always a different person, and they hardly ever actually exist in the waking world.  (Barring my last sexually charged dream, wherein I awkwardly awoke feeling as though I'd had a threesome with my best friend and her sister.)  But if I look deeper, and describe these dreamtime lovers in four or five words, will I too see four or five personality traits I wish I had?

From the Red Love dream: he was confident, beautiful, forward, and deeply caring.
But, but, not to sound conceited, but I feel like I pretty much fit all that.  Perhaps my subconscious has determined that I'm not as much of any of that as I think I am?

Also, it's no secret that virgins dream of sex, or sexual encounters.  I found that when I first had sex, the quality/duration/frequency of sexual dreams actually sort of lessened for me, but only slightly.  Also on that note, I rarely dream about penetration whatsoever.  Most of my sexy happy dreams involve what I'd call heavy touching, or lotsa of playing around.  I think it's because it's the arousal I crave and not the act itself...?

Maybe it's the forbiddenness about it that draws virgins into sexy dreams though?  Or maybe it was simply hormones.  Because while I'm sure a lot of sexual dreams are meant to be symbolic of some deeper meaning, I'm also sure some (if not most!) exist because humans are horny bastards.

That all from me tonight!  Toodles~

No comments:

Post a Comment